- GREAT FOR LOW-MEDIUM PRESSURE: Built for consistency in blending, cleaning, deburring, finishing, grinding, polishing, radiusing, refining and surface preparation
- CONFORMABLE NONWOVEN WEB: Springy nonwoven fibers resist loading and conform to irregular or contoured surfaces
- WORKS ON A RANGE OF METALS: Great for use on aluminum, mild steel, nickel alloy, stainless steel and titanium
- QUICK AND EASY ATTACHMENT: Convenient 3M™ Roloc™ attachment system allows for fast disc changes
- CHOOSE YOUR MINERAL: Super Fine grade is powered by super-sharp silicon carbide that excels in low-pressure and fine finishing applications, while all other grades feature harder and more durable aluminum oxide
- AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF GRADES: Choose from Super Fine (SFN), Very Fine (VFN), Medium (MED) and Coarse (CRS) to fit your application needs
The Scotch-Brite™ Roloc™ Surface Conditioning Disc combines our durable, non-woven disc with the efficient 3M™ Roloc™ quick-change attachment system for an effective disc that cleans, finishes, blends, and deburrs. Our non-woven fiber construction conforms well to help preserve irregular or contoured surfaces and the Roloc™ backing supports the disc for aggressive cutting.
The open-web fiber runs cool and resists loading while the aluminum oxide abrasives provide a high cut-rate for consistent finishing. Our 3M™ Roloc™ attachment system offers quick and easy disc change-out, making the Roloc™ Surface Conditioning Disc ideal for a range of tasks including blending, deburring, and finishing.
We use aluminum oxide abrasive in Scotch-Brite™ Roloc™ Surface Conditioning Discs. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
We developed Scotch-Brite™ surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool, reducing the risk of part discoloration and warping. The fibers are load resistant and keep the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers, which also extends the life of the disc.
3M™ Roloc™ TR quick change discs are smaller discs that have a plastic threaded button or screw designed to easily and quickly screw onto a Roloc™ TR disc pad (sold separately) so that you can conveniently change discs with a simple twist-off, twist-on motion. The Roloc TR system provides a secure attachment even for heavy-duty applications, and the variety of available 3M™ Roloc™ discs allows swapping from one application to the next in seconds.